Thursday, April 1, 2010

Motherhood is a contact sport

Today I have been bitten, kicked and swatted on the head. It is only 9:30 a.m.
No one told me that motherhood was a contact sport.

Jack isn't usually a violent kid, but when he gets over-tired, he apparently goes on auto-pilot and the hits start coming. Hard to discipline a kid that doesn't seem to grasp "No" yet (or, at least he hasn't let on that he understands the word.) Even more difficult to get my point across when he is laughing at me. Seriously. Laughing. I'm trying not to utter every four-letter word that I know as I remove his teeth from my shoulder and he is giggling with glee at my apparent displeasure. Am I allowed to bite back? That might not be the ideal method of parenting, but it would sure make me feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment