Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mommies get $15 haircuts while babies wear $50 shoes


I'm not complaining. this is one of the best haircuts that I have ever gotten -- and it was only $15! True, there was no awesome shampoo, no aromatherapy, no scalp and neck massage, but it was cheap and fast and not so bad at all. At least this is an easy "mommy-do" that doesn't require a scrunchie.

Good week around here so far -- I started my new job yesterday. I'm working as the personal assistant to the President of Olavie Skincare -- actually, he is the founder, owner and the head of both the marketing and sales departments but I think I'm going to like it. I'm not sure what I'll be doing on a day-to-day basis but it should average 20 hours per week and I can work some of the time from home. Ideal! You can check out his/our wares at www.olavie.com.

My Denver Health/CDC interviewer position will be complete on December 11 so this new job is a big weight off of all of our shoulders. Especially Jack's. He can't handle too much pressure...

Gearing up for a low-key Thanksgiving. We've got a lot of unfinished projects around here that I would like to have done by Party Day (December 6.) Not sure if we will get to all of them but if everyone continues to RSVP "Yes," no one will be able to see any of the house because there will be too many people in here! I think I went a little overboard on the guest list. I just never thought in a million years that everyone would be able to come...

Oh well. The more the merrier, right? With so many people flying in for this soiree I am hoping that Jack can manage to stay awake for at least some of his own birthday party. It would be pretty sad to wake him up from a nice cozy nap, only to shove a big cake in his face and expect him to perform for all of us. Now that I re-read that it gets me thinking. Why doesn't anyone ever wake me up with a big cake??

No comments:

Post a Comment