Thursday, June 11, 2009

Amy breaks down and joins the other mommies

I /we joined 2 different playgroups this week. I am thinking that Jack will -- at some point -- want to hang out with someone other than me. I have just been resisting the idea of playgroups because:
A. I don't really get along with other women and
B. I really don't get along with other women.
I fear that we'll spend 2 hours talking all about quilting and toy recalls and breastfeeding. I don't need to discuss world affairs or analyze haiku poetry but, sometimes, it would just be nice to have a group of women to talk to about Brad Pitt's butt. The kids can just quietly play together on the floor while we talk about music or movies -- but PLEASE -- I don't want to swap casserole recipes each week. Wish me luck. Strollercize on Thursdays and Bookbabies at the library on Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment