Saturday, June 20, 2009

Jack's first grown-up party


We all went to a friend's birthday party today. 15 adults
and 4 kids. Liz and Mark (our hosts) were kind enough to
provide a highchair and the toys and blanket pictured above
for Jack to use. Olivia (their 7-year old daughter and the
previous owner of the baby gear) was happy to share until
the end of our evening when she told her mom that "Jack is
really cute and all, but I think we're going to have to wash
all of my toys because he is drooling all over them!" The
only downside of the afternoon? Barney. Big purple scary
dinosaur. I thought that I would be able to control what
Jack sees and hears and thinks for just a little while but
imagine my horror when he found a stuffed Barney in the
toy tub, squeezed its tummy and squealed with delight when
the toy started that AWFUL song..."I love you, you love me..."
I somehow thought that I would end up with a kid that was
cooler than this...

No comments:

Post a Comment