Sunday, August 23, 2009

Everybody? Meet Jack. Jack? Meet everybody!


After a daunting day of travel thru Dallas to Detroit via American Airlines and a car ride to Toledo we finally settled in for our relaxing week of visiting with friends and family. Jack was surprisingly good on the plane -- I had been dreading that first trip for months. I was afraid that he would be "that baby." You know the one. The crying-so-much-that-I-am-gasping-for-air-while-I-get-my-second-wind-so-I-can-scream-some-more baby that we have all sat behind or in front of or next to on at least one plane ride in our lives. Thankfully, he was mostly quiet except when we were descending. Mostly, he was just bored. It's very hard to make a baby that has just learned how to move around fairly well stay quiet and happy in your lap. I didn't have to learn it the hard way, but after 4 legs of air travel, I am still not sure how in the world I would change a diaper mid-flight. That info is not listed on the safety card. Jack's favorite toys en route? The airsick bag, the headrest in front of us and Mommy's hair. Interesting fact? You can no longer get the cool set of gold wings with a pin to attach to your child to honor his first flight. Now there are only stickers. Pins are weapons. How sad is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment