Sunday, September 27, 2009

Halloween Preview


OK, so the cat's out of the bag. Jack is going to be a fireman for Halloween. We had a trial run on the hat and the coat yesterday just to make sure that Jack wasn't going to flip out while wearing the noisy coat and to see what materials I am going to need to keep that "helmet" on his head for more than 3 minutes. All systems are go. Jack thinks the noisy coat is neat and especially likes it when you make an ear-splitting siren noise. At the suggestion of Aunt Jill, Sophie is going to be disguised as the world's largest dalmatian -- not sure exactly how to do this yet, but I've got time. I think I'll make Rob dress all in red to be the "fire truck" and I'll wrangle the "dalmatian" and make the ear-splitting siren sounds. This is a lot of work to get a few fun-size Snickers bars. What won't I do for candy...

In other news, Jack has taken 2 unassisted steps. This doesn't mean he is walking. This just means that his legs are finally catching up to his torso and arms. This is a nice change to his former motion of leading with his face. Jack's face has become a road map of our living room furniture. He has a scratch on his cheek from the coffee table, a red mark from the corner of the TV stand, a slight bump from the front door. Good thing that babies are rubbery and bounce (most of the time.) I'll keep you posted on any new developments.

New foods this week include a lasagna-like casserole and black beans. Not together. That would be mean. Both were big hits so we'll keep trying for more "adult" food and see how it goes.

Cute Halloween costumes aren't free and with the new additions to Jack's fall/winter wardrobe I have been looking sadly into my closet and wondering why Jack has more cute clothes than I do. I remedied the situation yesterday at Goodwill. Yes, Goodwill. Don't laugh. I got a pair of Levi's, 2 pairs of Old Navy pants, a Woolrich coat and an Ann Taylor Loft sweater for under $30. Try to beat that at a "normal" retail store.
I don't know if I'll ever be able to pay full-price again! It takes a little more time to find something that I like but it's definitely worth the $$$ saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment