Friday, July 10, 2009

This is why Amy shouldn't be allowed in baby stores


This is the alligator that Jack drooled on while we
were shopping for a stroller so I felt compelled
to buy it. Thankfully, it was only $6 at a resale shop.
He thought it was the most amazing toy he had ever seen
for the 3 minute car ride from this store to the evil Babies
'R' Us store. Then, he promptly threw it on the floor of
the backseat. It has not been touched since.
At least mommy thinks it's pretty!

Now, back to the evil, evil Babies 'R' Us. First, never
trust a store with a backwards letter in its name. Second,
never trust a tired mommy with a tired baby in tow to
make wise decisions in a baby superstore. We were
under strict instructions to purchase only an inexpensive
umbrella stroller for our upcoming vacation extravaganza
in lovely Toledo, Ohio. We tested out 8 strollers. This
might sound like a lot to the uninitiated, but there were over
40 to choose from so I thought that I was being judicious.
Jack liked the $299 model. He thought that it fit his butt
nicely and admired the many accessories that were included.
He was also impressed with the shiny wheels and the 4 cup
holders. Mom liked the $29 model. Mom won. The evil baby
superstore spirits would not let me out of their clutches
without buying some detergent, a sippy cup that says "Jack"
on it, a new swaddle blanket and a Fisher Price set of blocks.
As I explained it to Rob when we got home, I actually saved
us money by buying those other "not on the list" items because
I could have gotten the $299 stroller and then where would we be?!
Also, I had a coupon.
That's mommy math. Gotta love it!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I see you didn't find a cheap umbrella stroller at the "resale store" - darn.

    ReplyDelete