Thursday, July 16, 2009

Why teething toys are awesome. And, why they are not.


So, these icy toys that are meant to soothe Jack's gums
are great for awhile. Then, they turn his cheeks red
and he can't feel his tongue anymore so he bites on it
and he drools. Leaks like a sieve. There are no longer
any drought restrictions in the city of Denver because
of Jack's drool production. Also, he thinks it is a
fabulous game to throw them on the floor and wait for
someone (me) to pick it up. Now, I'm not going to lie --
as much as I would like for Jack to grow up in a germ-
free, spotless environment, it is just not possible.
Especially with a big dog and a little cat. For the first
few days I was running to the kitchen to wash and
disinfect all of the toys off before giving them back to
him. Each and every time. That's A LOT of washing.
Jack throws toys often. That practice then deteriorated
into just rinsing toys with water. Maybe warm, maybe not.
Depends on my mood.
Now, I am afraid to admit that if he's lucky, I might just
blow on the toy or shake it a little to get rid of the
excess pet hair. Does this make me a bad mother? Nope.
Just a realistic one. Germs happen, deal with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment