Monday, July 6, 2009

This is why a boy needs his dad...


See? This is why a boy needs his dad. I would NEVER do this! Rob and I play totally differently with Jack. I'm more of a smother-him-with-kisses, snuggle-up and read a book parent while Rob is a throw-him-up-in-the-air, bounce-him-all-over kind of guy. I'm sure I will get to the point where Jack runs in the house says "I hurt myself" and instead of freaking out I ask him "Are you bleeding?" "How much?" or "Did you lose an entire limb?" and that's that, but, for now, I prefer to keep him closer to the ground. Bookbabies at the library tomorrow morning then it's off for my last day at Dillard's. Not even remotely sad about it. I feel so jerked around by that company at this point in time that I seriously hope that you all go out to Macy's or Nordstrom's this weekend and buy yourselves something nice...New job starts on the 14th and I'll report on that as it gets closer. Second tooth coming in and MAN, can this kid bite! I'm pretty sure he will draw blood if we let him. Still no movement (pardon the pun) on the crawling front. Still moving backwards -- he's just faster now. He's also doing a forward lunging motion that always ends in a face plant so that maneuver is only allowed on our bed. Make sure you check out his super-smiley new photos from Sears on the 3rd, and let me know if you don't have the link!

2 comments:

  1. I dropped Jake and fractured his skull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Beasley. Of course, what you can't see in this picture is that I'm holding the knucklehead over our guest bed.

    ReplyDelete