Saturday, January 23, 2010

Baby Expos are not really for Babies

Jack and I attended the Colorado Baby and Kidz (their goofy spelling, not mine!) Expo today at the Denver Merchandise Mart. I had no idea what to expect so I guess I can't say that I was disappointed. There was a lot of good information for parents (pre-schools, music lessons, etc.) and lots of things to try and buy. And, how can I forget to mention the free samples. Oh, how I love free samples!

The only truly unique, useful product I found were "Boogie Wipes." These are wet wipes for runny, snotty baby noses. This might not seem like a big deal, but if you ever have to wipe Jack's nose, you will appreciate any help that you can get! You can check them out at: www.boogiewipes.com.

If you're a mommy like me, you dread hearing the doorbell ring during nap time. I stick a Post-it-Note on the front door that reads (in Sharpie marker) "Please don't knock or ring bell. Baby is sleeping." Fancy? No. But (mostly) effective. There was a vendor selling adorable wooden plaques that Velcro to the doorbell that read "Hush, hush...baby dreaming." Much more attractive than my method, but $9-$12 can buy a lot of Post-it-notes.
Check them out at http://dreamkeepersonline.com/

My total winnings and take-home gifts from this event:
  • Numerous formula, baby oil, moisturizer and diaper cream samples.
  • $50 gift certificate to Stroller Strides (stroller exercise classes.)
  • (1) free baby/mommy swimming lesson.
  • A huge handful of Boogie Wipes samples (Jack distracted them while I filled up the diaper bag.)
  • Lots of coupons that I will never use.
  • One red balloon that I stole from one of the vendors to keep Jack happy for 20 extra minutes.

It was a good time but next year I think I'll head to this event alone.
The whole morning would have been a waste of time for Jack until we stumbled upon the...
(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment