Monday, January 4, 2010

Why babies don't like to nap (and other burning questions)

Why doesn't my baby seem to enjoy napping? He always looks at me like I am trying to punish him in some way...
What does he think that I am doing while I have him locked away in his "baby jail?"
Am I...
Lying on the sofa eating ice cream out of the pint container? (I wish!)
Running errands? (I think that Children's Protective Services might get involved if this one were true...)
Watching one of his favorite They Might Be Giants DVDs while I eat his yogurt and drink his juice?
Chasing the cat and dog around the house?
Outside building a snowman?
Playing with all of his toys?
Hosting a play date for all of the babies in the neighborhood and giggling about how he is stuck in his crib while we are in the living room having SO much fun?
In all actuality, I am probably working on the computer. Or cleaning. Or doing laundry. Or reading. Or, if I am really lucky, stretched out on the sofa eating ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment