Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I am hiding from the baby

I am hiding in my guest bedroom. I was hiding outside earlier, but it got too cold. I am hiding from the baby because the baby is exhausted and he is exhausting me. If I don't hide, he might hear me tiptoeing around and lure me back into his room. I'm a sucker for the tears. His tears, not mine. Mine haven't started yet.

Jack is alternating between whimpering, whining and screaming. It is now 3:00 p.m. and he has been up since 7:00 a.m. without a nap. I know that it is about time to transition from two naps per day down to one, but I didn't think it would be happening today. We have already played this game twice today -- first at 10 and again at 12 and then I just gave up trying. Jack was so tired that he was running into walls, the furniture, the dog. He was trying to lean back -- all cool -- on the sofa and he slid down to the floor and tried to act like he meant to do that. Then, he cried.

He's not fooling me. I'm the mommy. I know better.

He is finally quiet. But, for how long?
I am running out of places to hide...

No comments:

Post a Comment