Sunday, January 3, 2010

Things that Jack ate today


You might be expecting a list of funny things that made their way into Jack's mouth today, but I am being totally serious when I tell you that the following items were the sum total of Jack's meals today:
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
Most of 1 piece of dry toast
2 (fairly large) handfuls of shredded cheese
1 meatball
1 olive (ended up spitting it out)
2 noodles from a pasta salad
1 cracker
2 bites of cottage cheese
1 ice cream cone (no ice cream...just the cone)
1 serving of Gerber Organics Bananas and Mixed berries
1 hamburger patty
1 pineapple tidbit (also spit out)
3 bites of banana pudding
1 bite of a chocolate chip brownie (God...this was disgusting! When he was done with it he looked like he had just had his stomach pumped with activated charcoal!)
1 sliver of carrot (from a bag of stir fry veggies)
1 sliver of red pepper (from the same bag of veggies)
2 glasses of whole milk
AND
a healthy dose of breast milk (because I think he may be starving for nutrients!)
Granted, many of the weird sounding items came from a salad bar at a restaurant but the rest of the menu was served at Chez Siders. You didn't think that I actually had ice cream cones in the pantry, did you?
I thought that Jack being able to feed himself (sort of) was supposed to broaden his horizons -- I didn't know that it would lead to him eating the same 3 foods for every meal of every day! Is is possible for a child to survive on only dairy products?? I know that Rob and I aren't always the most adventurous eaters, but, come on!

No comments:

Post a Comment